Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Week 9 - best week EVER

Location: Kampala, Uganda
This week I fell in love with Uganda and all of its inhabitants. Well, not all. Some people this week decided it would be a good idea to plan our future together in Uganda after I graduate. Picking out where we would live and how many children to have without asking if that was something I was interested in. I guess my smile indicated that I was all for it in which case I need to stop! People here are very loving and it's going to be so hard to leave. This week we had three birthdays including my own. On Thursday night, we celebrated all of the birthdays with a big dinner at Krua Thai in Kololo. We all had the opportunity to invite a guest which made it extra special. The dinner was good, the company was good, and the cake was grrrrrrrrrreat! For my birthday, a few of us went out to a "silent disco" party with some Ugandan friends. I had never been to a silent disco but the concept seemed pretty fun plus I would be with people I like. It was a bit awkward at first because everyone has their own headphones BUT it got really interesting when people starting singing along and dancing with each other. The next evening we thought it would be fun to have a movie night/pajama party in my apartment. We bought lots of food and had mattresses spread out on the living room floor. It was the first time we all hung out like that to watch a movie. It was a lot of fun and lucky for us, some of our Ugandan friends came by and joined in the fun!! This week was soooooooooo much fun. Not even a Luganda final could ruin my spirits. Everyone needs to experience Uganda, I promise you won't regret it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment