Thursday, May 20, 2010

Week 7 and Homesick

Location: Kampala

We’re back in Kampala, and I’ve been homesick…a lot. I’m really saddened by the fact that I can’t enjoy myself fully here due to my homesickness. I’ve always wanted to come to Africa, so why do I wish so much to be home? It’s not as if I’m unhappy in Uganda. I’m taking interesting classes, meeting new people, and achieving my life DREAMS through volunteering at PCA and Sanyu Babies Home. Who gets to achieve their life dreams by 20 years old?? I wish this inner conflict would go away so that I could just savor every moment, because before I know it, I will be home and depressed that I am not here. I know in my heart that being here is a supreme blessing, and as such, I will do my best to internalize that. For now, I am going to continue pushing myself- because if I don’t, I will miss out on the opportunities of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment