Thursday, May 27, 2010

Week 8 - let the fun begin!!!

Location: Kampala and Jinja
This week was sooooooooooooooooo much fun!! On Sunday we went to see the move Imani and it was wonderful. I didn't know what to expect but I a little about the day before and I was amazed. It was so beautiful and so real. After the movie, we met with the director and the writer. I was a bit nervous to conduct an interview but they reminded me of me and my sister which was really nice. They were very down to earth and it was a lot of fun talking to them and seeing how the movie came about. Monday we visited a water treatment plant and the landfill. You can probably guess it wasn't the best smelling experience but it was very informative. Throughout the week, we broke up into groups of threes to work on presentations on our trip to the water treatment plant and the landfill. Because it was our first presentation, we didn't know exactly how to go about it. We only had a few days to prepare on top of our other activities and assignments. We were all a bit stressed out but in the end, everyone did really well and we were nervous for nothing. On Saturday we left for Jinja. Originally I wasn't going to go but I realized that this would be my last trip with the whole group so I went and I'm so glad I did. I pretty much hate water but I went rafting and at times I wish I hadn't. It was really fun but there were times where I thought I was going to flip out of the raft and die. Luckily for me, that never happened but our guide made us get in the water a few times just to get a feel for it. I argued with him a bit because I wasn't comfortable but in the end, it was good practice in case something happened and I fell in. Our bodies were so sore after rafting for 31 km!!! I basically passed out on the bed immediately and had one of the best nights sleep ever!! The next day, though I didn't bungee jump. I enjoyed watching my friends try to fly. Afterwards, I realized how much I'm going to miss this group and how lucky we all are to be here and be able to have fun with each other to create amazing memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment